The Departments of Biology, Chemistry and Physics jointly offer a Baccalaureate Program for undergraduate students emphasizing the basic sciences associated with understanding the life processes. This degree provides an excellent foundation for people planning to enter a health care profession (medical school, pharmacy, dentistry, veterinary medicine), as well as graduate school in all areas chemistry and biology.
This major is coordinated by a committee of science division faculty, any of whom may be contacted regarding the major:
During January Session, various nontraditional courses are
offered. Dr. Jeff Osborne,
Manchester chemistry professor, takes a team of doctors, dentists
and Manchester University students to set up medical clinics in
developing countries. This trip was originally led by retired
Manchester chemistry professor, Dr. Ed Miller. As well as going to Nicaragua, the group has served in
six other Central American countries. Visit the Medical Practicum Homepage >
If you have an interest in biology-chemistry, you should visit Manchester University. Talk with faculty, sit in on classes, and see our facilities.
To arrange a visit, call us toll-free at 800-852-3648 or send
an email to email@example.com
A selection of graduates:
- Sarah Leininger '14 is pursuing a Ph.D. in Chemistry at Pennsylvania State University.
- Caitlin Kessler '14 is in medical school at Marian University.
- Mallor Sims '14 is in pharmacy school at Manchester University.
- Kristin Barker '13 is in dental school at Indiana University.
- Nadia Nubani '12 is in medical school at Indiana University.
- Michael Chaykowski '12 is in dental school at Case Western Reserve University.
- Josh Bowling '11 is in medical school at Indiana University.
- Kyle Carlson '11 is in medical school at Kansas City College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Stephen Hendricks '11 is in dental school at Indiana University.
- Corey Martinez '11 is in dental school at Indiana University.
- Michael Carpenter '11 is in pharmacy school at the University of Colorado.
- Nicole Hammond '10 is in medical school at Pennsylvania State University.
- Amy Reidhaar '10 obtained an O.D. from Indiana University School of Optometry.
- RJ Berish '10 obtained an M.D. from Indiana University School of Medicine.
- Anna Grady '09 obtained an M.D. from Indiana University School of Medicine.
- Noelle Nubani '09 obtained a D.M.D. from Boston University School of Dental Medicine.
- Utsav Hanspal '09 obtained an M.D. from Ross University School of Medicine.
- Shelby Lloyd '08 is in medical school at Colorado University.
- Beth Grindstaff '08 received an M.D. from Indiana University School of Medicine.
- Amanda Patch '08 received an M.D. from Indiana University School of Medicine.
- under construction