Contrary to popular opinion, teaching is not the only thing one can do with an economics major. Economics deals with the production, distribution and consumption of goods and services, and touches complex domestic and international policy problems. Students with an economics major are prepared for a variety of fields, including graduate study in economics, urban planning, public policy, or other related fields. In the private sector, economics majors are prepared for careers in the stock market, banking, economic forecasting, government activity, work for non-profit agencies, economic consulting, providing expert testimony for attorneys, and a wide variety of career options.
Some of our alumni include:
- Erica Hahn '2010 Development Research and Administrative Assistant
- Michael Good '2009 Ph.D. candidate
(Florida International University).
- James Tyner '2007 F&I Forms Programmer
(Reynolds & Reynolds).
- Boris Nikolaev '2006 Ph.D. candidate
(University of South Florida).
- Rone J. Davis '2002
Financial Services Professional
Financial Life Strategies, LLC).
- Alicia Roberts 2001 is in the Graduate Program in Philanthropy at IUPUI in Indianapolis, Ind
- Tijana Bojanic 1999 is in an economics Ph.D. program in Sweden.
- Hal Bond '99 completed a Fulbright Scholarship at the University of Toronto.
- Jared Beasley 1998 is program coordinator for Junior Achievement in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Brian Watson 1997 Senior Customer Service Representative (Allstate).
- Ryan B. Weaver 1995 Senior WW Finance Director (Depuy).
- Christina Mills '91 serves the Inland Mortgage Corporation as a senior personnel assistant in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Rachelle Mihalko '89 is an assistant buyer for Lazarus Department Stores in Georgia.
- John Bratsakis '88 is the President/CEO of Community Trust Credit Union in Gurnee, Illinois.
- John Coldren '66 practices law in Portland, Indiana, and serves as legal advisor to the Indiana State majority leader.
- Dr. Patrick Mann, '62, serves as chair of the Department of Economics at West Virginia University.
To see which celebrities have a degree in economics (not from Manchester University), follow this link: Famous Economics Majors.
To report changes to this list, or to have your name added, contact John Deal. Also, if you wish to have a personal page listed here, notify us of the link.