Psychology is the science of the mind and behavior. Earn a baccalaureate degree in psychology, and you’ll be prepared for graduate study or a variety of career opportunities.
The psychology curriculum concentrates on the normal course of human development. Courses emphasize the impact of environmental context on the behavior of individuals. You may choose a concentration in cognitive neuroscience, which focuses on the neural substrates of mental processes and how cognitive functions are produced by the brain.
With a psychology major or minor from Manchester, you’ll:
- gain an understanding of the basic concepts and methods used in psychology;
- appreciate the relationship of psychology to other disciplines, particularly those in the behavioral sciences;
- prepare for:
- graduate work in psychology;
- professional training in such fields as social work, medicine and education; or
- work in such fields as business, education and mental health.