Students applying for admission to the Master of Athletic Training program must meet the following minimum requirements.
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A 3.0 cumulative undergraduate grade point average
- Certification in American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Acceptable reference recommendations
- Completion of Manchester University Health Form and vaccination record
- Completion of each of the following undergraduate courses with a minimum grade of C+ (2.30/4.00):
- Human Anatomy with lab (Lecture and lab = at least 4.0 semester hours)
- Human Physiology with lab (Lecture and lab = at least 4.0 semester hours)
- Exercise Physiology with lab (Lecture and lab = at least 4.0 semester hours)
- Principles of Fitness and Exercise Prescription
- General Psychology
- Medical Terminology
- Introductory Statistics
Application materials are available on the Manchester University website online, or may be secured from the Office of Graduate Studies, Manchester University, 604 East College Avenue, North Manchester, IN 46962, or picked up in Room 133 of the Administration Building, phone 260-982-5051.
Print and complete a Request for Official Transcript Form. Send the form (with any fees required) to the Office of the Registrar of colleges you have attended.
Review of applications to the MAT program will begin on Feb. 1 each year. Applications received after Feb. 1 will be considered on a space-available basis.
In addition to the admission requirements listed above, students who earned their degree(s) outside the United States must submit all relevant documentation to World Education Services, Inc. (WES) for evaluation and interpretation. Students should request that WES perform a course-by-course evaluation, and they should have a report sent directly to Manchester University at the following address: Office of Graduate Studies, Manchester University, 604 E. College Avenue, North Manchester, IN 46962. Information about WES can be found at www.wes.org. Students are responsible for payment of fees to WES (not Manchester University) for this service.
Applicants who meet all of the admission requirements will be awarded regular admission status.
Conditional admission may be awarded under the following circumstances:
- Student does not meet regular admission standards but shows evidence of capability to achieve success in the graduate program;
- Student’s academic background indicates that additional undergraduate course work is warranted before or concurrent with enrollment in graduate classes.
A student who does not intend to work toward a graduate degree at Manchester University but who wishes to take (a) course(s) for graduate credit may apply for admission as a special student. A maximum of six semester hours may be earned as a special student. To be admitted, the applicant must hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution by Sept. 1 of the year of admission as a special student, and have permission of the program director.
*The Manchester University Master of Athletic Training program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).