College Women's Club Records: Minutes, directories, tapes. Large Boxes 31 - 32a - 32b and media shelving unit. Also See Tuesday, 16 February, 1993 newspaper article, "Mrs. Helman Speaks To College Woman's Club (located in Brethren People file, Helman, Patricia). This article includes a list of officers.
Three cassette tape: "Alumni Interviews by David Waas, 1989 [MC2002/58 tape]. David Waas interviews alumni: Mary Coe, Orpha Weimer, Sally Allen and Leroy Fish
Most membership directories and programs from 1912.
Bill for postage, rosebud and vase, expenses for cards and postage, 1995, Arrangements for Christmas Tea, 1996.
Date of Accession
Bio History Note
The College Woman's Club traces its roots to 1912. An organizational meeting was held in October, and another meeting in November selected a committee to draft a constitution and to choose a name. At this point, the minutes refer to the group as "the Reading Circle." On December 5, 1912, the constitution of the Mothers' Reading Circle was adopted. It was signed by members of the Circle in January of '13. According to Orpha Book's history of the group, the Circle disbanded due to busy schedules.
October 1916 saw a re-organization of some ladies with a constitution and a name: the College Woman's Club. In 1919-20, the group created two divisions, Dames and Teachers. Various interest groups came and went, and in 1980, a group of former Teachers, temporarily known as the "Merry Mz-z-z," took the name "College Woman's Club Fellowship Group." They met at least until Spring of 1987.
Date of accession: Unknown.
Cassette tape of alumni interview by David Waas is located in Archives' Office for delivery to Stan Pittmann for digitization.
Description prepared 26 August 2002 by Sara L. Smith and Elizabeth Allen and updated by Jeanine Wine 18 September 2007. Last updated 20 November 2012 by Jeanine M. Wine.