1. "The Speaker of Tau Kappa Alpha, Golden Anniversary, 1908 - 1958," Vol. XL, No. 3, March, 1958, a booklet published four times a year. Professor Paul Keller led a speech fraternity at Manchester College, Tau Kappa Alpha. Robert was on the debate team when in College and has fond memories of Paul Keller.
2. Orpha Jackson Weimer's scrapbook from her senior year of college, 1926-1927:
Featured is "Ditch Day," May Day, Freshman - Sophomore water fight, graduating Class picture, athletic competitions, Senior Banquet, nature hikes, Philophronian and Philalethean memorabilia, May Day Court with Queen, Mother's and Daughter's Banquet, and Commencement week program for 1927.
A page in the book is labeled with names. It can be identified by the word "Crazy" under a picture of a woman. In the center photograph, Tobby (Thorburn Speicher) is on the viewer's left, Al Weimer (Harry Weimer's brother) is in the middle, and Harry Weimer is on the viewer's right. The photo identified as "Crazy" is that of Orpha Weimer (look at the feet in that shot)...as it that labeled "yours truly."
Another page shows three men in sombreros, they are Harry Weimer and Albert Weimer and an unidentified individual.
Picture of shelved cans at the Weimer Canning Factory in North Manchester.
Photographs of Orpha Jackson with her mother, Laura C. Jackson. Also on that page is a photograph of three women. Grandmother Jackson (Robert's Grandmother Jackson or Orphas's mother) is on the viewer's left.
Weimer, Hill and Gomble family photographs.
Manchester College marching band.
Children dressed in costumes.
3. Group photograph of women labeled, "Orpha J. and College Friends at M.C. - Summer of '22." Orpha is third from the viewer's right.
4. Photograph of a man.
5. Letter from Dixie and Ray Harris, 1953. Dixie and Ray are Manchester College alumni, Dixie beloniging to the MC Class of 1931 and Ray graduating with the MC Class of 1929.
6. Group photograph of MC male students.
7. Female student in MC Chemistry library.
8. Photograph of male basketall player. Picture found in 1928 Aurora.
9. Photograph of football team. Picture found in 1927 Aurora.
10. Photograph of male Manchester College Philophronian members in the summer of 1923.
Date of Accession
04 August 2011
Bio History Note
Robert Weimer is the son of Harry (MC Class of 1929) and Orpha Jackson Weimer (MC Class of 27). Robert graduated in the MC Class of 1952. Robert's sister, Carolyn Weimer England and Carolyn's husband, Oliver England, graduated from Manchester College. Robert's brother, Charles, graduated in the MC Class of 1954.
Harry Weimer taught Chemistry at Manchester College from 1938 - 1970. The U.S. government pushed Weimer into working on The Manhattan Project. It is said that Harry returned to Manchester seriously effected by his experience. Harry Weimer died in 1970.
Orpha Weimer taught Education at Manchester College from 1943-1944.
According to Robert, his cousin, Dick Shonk, (Orpha's nephew) also graduated from Manchester College.
Orpha Jackson Weimer's mother was Laura Catherine Jackson.
Weimer canning factory was located on Main St. in North Manchester. This factory was owned by Harry Weimer's father, Cain Weimer.
Al Weimer was Harry Weimer's brother.
Robert Weimer made a donation to the Archives on 18 July 2011 and also on 22 July 2011. On 22 July 2011 Robert dropped off six photographs and one letter with Library Director, Rob Gratz for inclusion in the collection.