Full listing > Accession MC2003/116
|Topic||Communications Center: History and Photograph, 1926, |
|Title||1926 Photograph of the Science Hall / Library / Communications Building |
|Location||Photo file folder section in order of accession number |
|Citation||1926 Photograph of the Science Hall / Library / Communications Building , MC2003/116, Archives and Brethren Historical Collection, Funderburg Library, Manchester College, North Manchester, Indiana.|
|Access||Researchers are responsible for determining copyright status of archived materials where this is relevant to their intended use of the materials.|
|Provenance||The picture was in the Archives prior to April 2006 and had been assigned an accession number although the accessioning paperwork had not been done. Jeanine Wine finished accessioning the photo in July of 2010. |
|Scope and Content|
One photograph circa 1926 (see scrawl on verso of photograph) of 1915 Science Hall and 1926 Library.
Oak Leaves, 27 June 1925 p.1; Photo box 99.
"The Story of the Natural Sciences at Manchester College," by William R. Eberly.
|Date of Accession||14 July 2010|
|Bio History Note|
This caption is adhered to the photograph on the recto:
- This building was erected in 1915 as a Science Hall. In 1926 it became the Library.
On the verso the following is written:
- Erected in 1915 as Science Hall
- 1st Fl. Domestic science, Physics, biology
- 2nd (-----)(cl)ass rooms
- 1926 changed to Library
The Library was eventually moved to a new structure and the building became the Communications Building. The campus "museum" was housed in the basement. In 2009 the facility was demolished.
Description prepared14 July 2010 by Jeanine M. Wine.
© Manchester College Archives and Brethren Historical Collection
Manchester College | 604 E. College Ave. | North Manchester, Indiana 46962