"On october 16, 1945, in the chapel at manchester College, in the thirty minutes alloted to us on the program there were fifty names presented as charger members of the Historical Fellowship. Some general discussion took place and a permanent organization was effected for one year. John Heckman President, F. E. Mallott vice president and L. W. Shultz secretary. Next meeting October 1946."
Suggestion, What to look for.
1. Minutes of early church meetings.
2. What peopel remember of early events. Write down dates with things told, by who told an dto whom.
3. Minutes and records of defunct congregations.
Where to look for interesting and valuable things.
1. In attics of old houses of Brethren.
2. At closing out auction sales.
3. County records of marriages and land purchases.
4. In cemeteries.
5. In church cupboards.