Manchester students, faculty, and staff must present a valid Manchester University ID.
Borrowing privileges for alumni and the general public may be purchased by those 18 years and older. Application forms are available at the access services desk. Fees are $15 for alumni and $30 for the general public, good for one year from the date of purchase. Six month privileges are available at half price.
Manchester community school teachers, clergy employed at local churches, and area and retired Church of the Brethren clergy may request a courtesy card for free borrowing priviliges.
|DVDs & Videos
|Dry Erase Boards & Markers
|External CD/DVD Drive
- Materials may be renewed in person, by phone, or by logging in to your library account.
- Items will not be renewed if they have been requested by another patron.
- Circluation of periodicals, reference and reserve materials, and AV items is limited to Manchester University ID holders.
- Periodicals, reference, and AV items can be used in-house by any patron.
Please see the Interlibrary Loan page.
Students, faculty, and staff may borrow laptops at the access services desk.
All borrowers must read and sign a copy of the Laptop Borrower's Agreement, which will be kept on file.
There are no daily fines for books, but overdue notices will be sent after 3 days, 13 days, and 23 days past the due date. A fourth notice, after 33 days, will be accompanied by a replacement bill.
Replacement fee for in-print materials is the cost of the replacement plus a non refundable $10 service charge. Replacement fee for out-of-print materials is a flat $30 plus a nonrefundable $10 service charge.
Fines will be assessed for ILL, reserves, AV materials, and laptops:
- Interlibrary loan materials: $1.00 per day ($20 max)
- Reserve materials: $1.00 per item per hour ($20 max)
- Recordings, videos and periodicals: $1.00 per item per day ($20 max)
- Laptops and power cords: $5.00 per hour ($50 max)
Archives and Special Collections
For access to the Archives, Special Collections, or the Brethren Collection, please call in advance: 260-982-5361. Visiting researchers are encouraged to schedule an appointment.
Copying and printing are via SpartanPrint.
The library no longer seeks donations of used books and periodicals. Except for certain special works, usually pertaining to the history of the University or the Brethren Historical Collection, we only accept items meeting all of the following criteria:
1. Are within the scope of our current curricular interests
2. Are in new or like new condition, with books preferably clothbound
3. Do not duplicate something we already own
4. Generally are recently published
Prior arrangements must be made with the Library Director, including the submission of a list of titles.
Last updated January 21, 2015