(Thanks to Meriam Library University of California, Chico)
1. Don't rely on Google for everything!
2. Focus on scholarly literature found in the library databases.
3. Perform more than one search!
4. Evaluate the information you find using the criteria in the box above.
5. Ask for help! The text-a-librarian service is a quick and easy way to get help from a librarian.
ESS 264: HEALTH PROMOTIONS
Spartan Search Find books, journal articles, CD's, video recordings and more!
Click a topic below to begin your research.
+ Consumer & Community Health
Keywords to Try When Searching
- Food (safety, labeling, product information, nutrition)
- Drug (FDA approved, treatment)
- Vaccination OR Immunization (safety, effectiveness)
- Diet (adolescent, obesity) Use combinations of the above keywords when searching
- Sports injury
- Sports safety
- Injury prevention
- Sports medicine
- Sports physiological aspects
- Exercise therapy
- Strength training and conditioning Use combinations of the above keywords when searching