16th Annual Student Research Symposium
Sponsored by Glenn R. Sharfman, Vice President and
Dean for Academic Affairs April 25, 2014 3-6:30 p.m.
The Manchester University Student Research Symposium is a true showcase for undergraduate research across disciplines. The Symposium was started by Dean Jo Young Switzer in 1998 to give students and faculty an opportunity to collaborate on research. It continues to be one of our most significant campus events, offering high quality presentations.
Students at this year’s Symposium will share their work with the larger academic community--enlivening the intellectual climate on campus by stimulating discussions and facilitating collaborations within and across disciplines. We hope to see you there!
- Brochures will be available in the Academic Center at 3 p.m.
- Research Presentations
3:30 - 4:45 p.m.
- (Undergraduate, Graduate and Professional Student) Poster Presentations
Hoff Room, Jo Young Switzer Center, upper level
4:45 - 5:30 p.m.
Jo Young Switzer Center, upper level
5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 28 NEW DEADLINE Friday, March 7: Abstract
One student from each proposal (primary presenter) submits an abstract by midnight March 7. Submit abstract here.
- Friday, March 14: Primary presenters receive their acceptance notification.
- Friday, March 28: The primary presenter submits either a Word or PDF document of their full paper or a PDF document of their poster by midnight March 28. Submit final document here.
- Friday, April 25: Manchester University Research Symposium 3-5 p.m.
Preparation for submitting a proposal
Student Presenters, you'll need to include the following:
- The title of your presentation and a brief (300 word maximum) abstract of your presentation
- Names and email addresses of your co-presenters
- The name and email address of your faculty mentor
- Your preference for presentation format (Paper or Poster Session)
- IRB approval if you are presenting data from human subjects
Remember, this is a professional conference. Do not submit an abstract unless you are certain that you are available to attend the conference on Friday, April 25, 2014.
Student Research Symposium Committee: Lynne Margolies, Tim Brauch, Ejenobo Oke, Christer Watson, Marcie Coulter-Kern