Access to online registration is granted after students meet with their academic advisor to discuss course selection. Online registration will be available during designated periods as advertised by the Office of the Registrar.
Follow these easy steps to register online on Gateway:
1. Access Gateway (type https://gateway.manchester.edu/ in an internet browser’s location/address bar.
2. Log in using your MU username and password. Include “mc\” before your username.)
3. WebAdvisor is found on the right side of the window, below the weather icon.
4. Click on the Registration item or the plus image to the left to expand that list.
5. Click one time on “Express Registration” if you know all of your courses.
6. Click one time on “Search/Register for Sections” if you need to look up sections.
Select the term using the drop down box. Select the subject, type in the course
number. Enter one or more courses.
DO NOT ENTER ANY OTHER INFORMATION ON THIS SCREEN – AT MOST, ENTER THE SUBJECT, COURSE NUMBER AND SECTION LETTER.
- You can enroll in only five courses at a time. You can go back into this screen multiple times to complete your enrollment.
- You may enroll for summer, fall, January and spring classes – be sure to select the appropriate term.
- Courses may be entered in any order.
- Entering only the Subject will list all courses under that heading.
- You must enroll for lab sections also.
- PE activity courses should be entered as:
Subject: Physical Education
Course Number: 101_ (i.e. 101E is Canoeing; 1013 is Tai Chi)
- Lab course numbers end in L (i.e. CHEM 106L, BIOL 108L, PSYC 110L)
Results of selection.
8. Click the box to the left of courses to select specific sections. Click Submit. If the list doesn’t have a checkbox available,
you most likely made a mistake in step 4. Please return to step 4 and try again.
Select the appropriate Action for each course. You may choose only Register
or Remove from List. Click Submit.
10. Registration Results.
Click OK if you agree with the selections.
11. To change your selections: go to the Main Menu and select Register and Drop Sections.
Courses in the current
semester (spring 2008) cannot be dropped via MCConnect.
12. Changes can be made to upcoming semesters’ enrollments; no changes to the current semester enrollment are allowed.
Click on the box next to the course for which you wish to change the enrollment.
13. You will receive an email when your registration is complete. An enrollment verification email is sent to the Registrar for each student registration
14. Review your schedule by expanding the Academic Profile list item in the WebAdvisor menu and choosing My Class Schedule.
15. REMEMBER TO LOGOUT
WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED!
16. Bring your Course Request Form to the Registrar’s Office.
Contact the Office of the Registrar at 260-982-5234 if you have questions.