Most graduate schools require scores from an admissions test (similar to the SAT or ACT you took before applying to undergraduate schools). The most commonly required test is the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Some schools require the GRE and specific GRE subject exams. Medical schools, business programs and law schools often require other specialized tests. Check the admissions requirements of schools where you intend to apply.
You can find information about the common graduate admissions tests using the following links:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
- Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- Dental Admission Test (DAT)
- Optometry Admission Test (OAT)
The Testing and Education Resource Center provides free practice
exams, study tips and test information for the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT and
Free practice tests will be available Feb. 2,
2013. We are also offering a GRE Prep Class on Wednesdays from 7-9pm, starting
Feb. 6 and lasting until Mar. 13.