Find Job Openings
There are a number of places to look for jobs - utilize them all! It's easiest to start online, but don't neglect in-person contacts made through job fairs, on-campus recruiting, and networking.
Places to Look
- Spartan Jobs: The Office of Career Services' current listing of part-time jobs, internships, and full-time jobs.
- Websites: Search the major job websites, as well as those that specialize in your career field or specialize in the area where you'd like to work.
- Job Fairs: Utilize the chance to meet employers in person, share your resume, and talk with them about opportunities at their organizations.
- Newspaper Advertisements: Access newspaper ads online for the geographic area where you'd like to work
- Professional Associations: Get involved in professional associations to keep current in industry trends and to build your professional network.
- Target Companies: Use Chamber of Commerce listings or the Yellow Pages to identify companies who employ people in your field. Check their websites for openings, use your network to make contacts with current employees and submit your application as appropriate.
- Network: Talk with others about your job search and ask for their recommendations. Be sure to actively build and communicate with your professional network.
- Employment Agencies: Look for a reputable agency (check with the Better Business Bureau) that doesn't charge applicants for services (most companies charge employers for placements).