IN THIS ISSUE
ITS keeps students connected! >
Pay your tuition bill online >
Taking precautions against H1N1 >
Important dates to remember >
Share Family Connections with grandparents >
PREVIOUS ISSUES >
Send to a Friend >
ISSUE #24 August 2009
ITS keeps students connected!
Information Technology Services (ITS) gets students connected – whether it's wired network access or WiFi for computers, e-mail accounts, or telephones and cable TV in residence halls.
Not bringing a computer to campus? ITS supports two major computer labs, several academic department labs and labs in each resident hall – more than 200 student-accessible PCs in all, many available into the wee hours of the morning.
Students can contact ITS for great deals on software, too, at special academic discounts.
Read more about ITS support and contact information, or visit the ITS web pages for a complete rundown of services.
Cut the hassle –pay tuition, fees online!
Paying your tuition bill just got a little easier with Manchester’s new online tuition and fee payment option. Now, you can make a payment right from your computer anytime and print your own receipt. Student Financial Services welcomes payments by credit card or e-check online from the Student Financial Services website.
Taking precautions against H1N1
Tara Vogel, RN, Director of Health Services
At Manchester, we are keeping close watch of the spread of H1N1 (Swine Flu) and are following state and national guidelines to reduce exposure to our College community.
We’ve had no suspected cases, but will remain watchful as our students begin to return for a new school year in late August.
It is important that the College and our families take this threat seriously. Each one of us can make a difference in protecting against the spread of this flu, or any flu. At home as well as at the College, we must all practice the “3 Cs” all the time:
- Clean our hands often
- Cover our coughs and sneezes
- Contain our germs by staying at home if we are sick
Manchester College has a plan if H1N1 finds its way to our campus. Our physician and I have attended state seminars on H1N1.
I’ll keep you posted on the Health Services website, but don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 260-982-5306. Meanwhile, here are two important, and very informative, links to H1N1 influenza:
Centers for Disease Control
Indiana State Department of Health
As you gear up for the start of the new school year, keep these
dates in mind:
- Deadline for summer residents to move into permanent housing
- Fall tuition and fees due
- Final Advising and Registration Day
- New students move in, 8 a.m. – 2:15 p.m. (report to assigned residence hall)
- New Student Orientation begins – through Sept. 1.
- Returning students move in, 2:30 – 6 p.m.
- Student refunds available at the Office of Student Financial Services, pending receipt of funds from lenders.
- Returning students may pick up their class schedules at Registrar.
- Returning students move in, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Deadline to enroll for fall classes is 5 p.m.
- First day of classes (begin at 8 a.m.)
- Opening convocation, 4 – 4:50 p.m.
- Change of Course Day
- Activities Fair, Upper Union, 5 – 6:30 p.m.
- Change of Course Day
- MAC Kick Off Weekend – through Sept. 5
- Change of Course Day (last day to change courses without a fee)
- Ticketing begins for parking decal violations.
(All cars must be registered with the Department of Campus Safety.)
- Students may change rooms/roommates 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Share "Family Connections" with Grandparents
Are Grandma and Grandpa asking what’s going on in your MC Student’s life? Click here to fill out a simple form. We’ll include them in the mailing list for Family Connections and invite them to campus for special events!
Questions? Feedback? E-mail email@example.com.
Click here to unsubscribe to Family Connections.