Schwalm Hall, named after former University President Vernon F. Schwalm (1941-56), is a traditional hall that houses 235 men and women. One Resident Assistant is available per wing, with a total of seven RAs serving about 40 residents each.
Schwalm Hall underwent renovation on the third floor in the summer of 2000 and the rest of the building was renovated during the summer of 2004. One wing of third floor is male, and the other wing is female, with furnished suites, singles, and doubles available. The furnished suites consist of two double rooms connected by a common living room area with a couch, two chairs, and coffee table.
Schwalm Hall has an extensive game room offering foosball, a card table, and ping-pong and a lobby with a large, flat screen TV where residents often play video games, two pool tables, and vending machines. A single, common kitchen area is available for all residents, and microwaves are located on each wing. The hall also contains a study room on each floor, laundry facilities in the basement and two computer labs.
Schwalm Hall has one of the most upbeat and energetic communities on campus. Through interaction with such organizations as the Residential Housing Association (RHA), Student Government Association, and Hall Council, Schwalm is well known for creative and effective programming. The residents take pride in upholding many of Schwalm's programming traditions, such as:
Meet the Schwalm Hall Director
Director of Schwalm Hall