Students arriving on campus: frequently asked questions
- Can Students arrive early?
- NO. Students must wait until their scheduled arrival date. Those with special needs (from out of state, for example) should contact Residential Life at 260-982-5052.
- Can students who arrive before classes start eat in the Union?
- Yes. Those on campus for specific reasons will be on lists from coaches or other MU staff indicating their approval. They will be able to eat with a valid student ID card.
- Where do new students go when first arriving on campus for Welcome Week?
- Residence Halls for on-campus students. Commuter Orientation for those living off-campus: Saturday 8-24-13 at 1:30pm in Flory Auditorium.
- Are guest rooms available for parents? Who do they contact?
- Yes, rooms are available in Oakwood and Helman. They should contact Conference Services at 260-982-5551.
- Can new students change roommates?
- Yes, after two weeks. Encourage students to talk with their RA’s or HD first.
- Can students change meal plans?
- Yes, Residential Life can change the meal plan in the first two weeks of the semester.
- Where should returning students go when they first return to campus?
- To their residence halls.
- Where do returning students go to get their class schedules? When are they available?
- Schedules are available in the Office of the Registrar beginning August 27.
- What is the deadline to register for classes?
- Tuesday, August 27th at 5 p.m.
- Where do students get parking stickers for their cars?
- Auto registration forms are available on Gateway.
- Where do students get their MU Photo IDs?
- IDs for new students who had a picture taken at Summer Orientation will be placed in their Welcome Week packets. Students who need a picture taken should go to Financial Services—they will take the photo and print the ID. Replacement IDs are $25.
- Who do students call with questions about hooking up computers in their residence hall rooms?
- Questions about computers or phones should be directed to the ITS Help Desk at 260-982-5454.
- Where do students pick up packages?
- Students who receive packages will get an email notification and can pick them up at the mail desk with their valid student ID.
- Where do students go to get verification of enrollment (for insurance purposes, etc.)?
- Enrollment verification is handled by the Office of the Registrar.
- Where do students find information on campus jobs?
- They should start with Spartan Jobs on the MU website. They can also go to the Office of Human Resources.
- If students have balances on their accounts, how do they get a refund? When will they get it?
- Submit a Student account Reimbursement form on Gateway: Go To: Gateway › Departments › Student Financial Services › SFS eForms › Student Account Reimbursement. Reimbursements are disbursed beginning the second week of each semester.
- If students have a credit balance on their accounts, can they use it to buy books in the Campus Store?
- Yes. They must request a Campus Store Voucher for each semester that they have a credit balance. Campus Store Vouchers are available for fall and spring semesters only. Go to: Gateway › Departments › Student Financial Services › SFS eForms › Campus Store Voucher Request.
If you still have questions, contact your admissions counselor. Or e-mail email@example.com,
or call 800-852-3648.
Who is your counselor?
Manchester University | 604 E. College Ave. | North Manchester, Indiana 46962