Are you a Manchester alumni book author? Send your information to the Alumni Office for inclusion on this special web page. (For faculty publications, click here.)
Many of these books are available on Amazon.com as well as on the publishers' websites.
Paula Sheller ’55 Adams, Forest Grove, Ore.
- this little space – poems
Amherst Writers & Artists Press
James Beard ’65, Salisbury, N.C.
Marv Bittinger ’63, Carmel, Ind.
- Basic Mathematics, Basic College Mathematics, Introductory and Intermediate Algebra, and scores of other textbooks and teacher guides on mathematics
- You Can Teach Hitting, about baseball, co-authored with Dusty Rhoades
- The Faith Equation, One Mathematician's Journey in Christianity
George Boudreau ’87, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Independence: A Guide to Historic Philadelphia
Donal Carbaugh ’77, Easthampton, Mass.
Norm Coots ’89, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Stop Wasting Money, Your Common Sense Money Management Guide for Everyday Life, published with wife, Carol
Jeffrey Courtright '79, Bloomington, Ind.
- Inspiring Cooperation and Celebrating Organizations: Genres, Message Design and Strategies in Public Relations, with Peter M. Smudde
- Power and Public Relations, with Peter M. Smudde
Christine Deavel '80x, Seattle, Wash.
- Woodnote, poetry, many set in North Manchester and northern Indiana
Bear Star Press
Mary Alice Bagwell '52 Dillman, Delaware, Ohio
- Gratitude: A Legacy of a Life, an autobiography
Modern Memoirs Inc.
Loren Finnell ’64, Larchmont, N.Y.
Myrna Grove ’71, Bryan, Ohio
- Alexander Mack: A Man Who Rippled the Waters, a children's book for the 300th anniversary of the Church of the Brethren
- The Path to America, from Switzerland to Lancaster County
Myrna Grove Books
Brian Hartz ’00, Bloomington, IN
- Harley, C.I., crime fiction co-written with Tom Gratz
James Hollis ’62, Houstin, Texas
- Finding Meaning in the Second Half of Life: How to Finally, Really Grow Up
Robert C. Johansen ’62, Granger, Ind.
- The National Interest and the Human Interest: An Analysis of U.S. Foreign Policy
- Toward a Dependable Peace: A Proposal for an Appropriate Security System
- Toward an Alternative Security System: Moving Beyond the Balance of Power in
the Search for World Security
Ruthann Knechel ’64 Johansen, Granger, Ind.
- The Narrative Secret of Flannery O'Conner: The Trickster as Interpreter
- Listening in the Silence, Seeing in the Dark: Reconstructing Life after Brain Injury
Janis Clark '69 Johnston, Oak Park, Ill.
- It Takes A Child to Raise a Parent: Stories of Evolving Child and Parent Development
Norman Jones ’58x, Crystal Lake, Ill.
- Growing Up in Indiana: The Culture & Hoosier Hysteria Revisited
Scott Kreiger ’88, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Four Sunny Saturdays, The Story of the Canterbury Lady Caviliers' 2008 State Championship
Joe Krom ’67, Argos, Ind.
- Heart of a Warrior: The True Saga of Sweet Breeze and William Wells
Eel River Traders
Ralph G. McFadden ’55, Elgin, Ill.
Anne Ott ’78, Churubusco, Ind.
Gladden Schrock ’58, South Bristol, Maine
- Letters from Alf, nominated for Pulitzer Prize in fiction
- Glutt, Tapps and Madam Popov, theatrical productions
Lori Caskey ’94 Sigety, Mishawaka, Ind.
- In The Family of Trees, poetry
Craig Smith ’71, Elizabethtown, Pa.
- Every Monday-Finding God on Tough Days, for church leaders
E. Timothy Smith '75, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Opposition Beyond the Water's Edge: Liberal Internationalists, Pacifists and Containment, 1945-1953
- The United States, Italy and NATO, 1947-52
R. Jan Thompson ’59, Bridgewater, Va.
Roma Jo Thompson ’75, Mesa, Ariz.
- Beyond Our Means, How the Brethren Service Center Dared To Embrace the World
Gary Tisor ’57x, Struthers, Ohio
Tom Wagner ’82, Whitehall, Mich.
- Work and Hope: Further Thoughts on Living Faith, essays from Muskegon County Cooperating Churches newsletter
- A Pilgrim’s Provender: Selected Ponderings on Life and Faith
Ruth Esther Walters ‘62 Vawter, Indianapolis, Ind.
Phil West ’60, Missoula, Mont.
- Yenching University and Sino-Western Relations, 1916-1952, nominated for Pulitzer Prize in history
Harvard University Press
Flora Williams, Lafayette, Ind.
- The Shepherd’s Guide through the Valley of Debt and Financial Change: A Comprehensive Manual for Financial Management, Counseling Techniques, and Spiritual Guidance
AuthorHouse, Flora's home page
- Hand in Hand with God: Witnessing on the Way
- Renewal: A Collection of Flora’s Poetry