||Robert D. Beckett, Pharm.D., BCPS
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice (drug information)
Interim Director of the Drug Information Center
Dr. Robert D. Beckett joined the Pharmacy Program in August 2011 after completing his second formal residency program specializing in drug information. In addition to his core faculty responsibilities, he is responsible for designing and managing the Pharmacy Program’s Drug Information Center. Dr. Beckett earned his Doctor of Pharmacy from Purdue University.
Classes Taught at Manchester
PHRM 322: Drug Information
PHRM 420: Drug Literature Evaluation
Areas of interest/Recent projects
My current scholarly interests include examining relationships among journal impact factor and other clinical trial evaluation tools, assessing drug information available on social media, and scholarship of teaching and learning focusing on teaching evidence-based medicine concepts.
My current service activities include maintaining the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Core Journals List, medication safety outreach to the elderly, and serving as the Fort Wayne district representative to the Indiana Pharmacists Alliance (IPA).
- “Pharmacist Use and Perception of UpToDate.” Innovations in Drug Information Practice and Research. American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting. Orlando, FL: December 2013. Co-presented with Wallace KL.
- “Drug Literature Evaluation Tapas.” New Practitioners’ Forum. American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting. Orlando, FL: December 2013. Co-presented with Davison LE and Sheehan AH.
- Girt S, Beckett RD, Todt AL. Drug utilization evaluation of intravenous acetaminophen in a community health system. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting. Orlando, FL: December 2013.
- Beckett RD, Yazdi M, Hanson LJ, Thompson RW. Improving medication safety through use of metrics. J Pharm Pract 2013; Epub Ahead of Print. DOI: 1177/0897190013504959.
- Beckett RD. Drug Information Questions. In: Soric M, ed. Maximize Your Rotations: IPPEs, APPEs, and Beyond. Bethesda, MD: American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists; 2013.
- Pfiester PC, Beckett RD, Linn DD. Correlating impact factor versus quality in randomized controlled trials: a cross-sectional study (preliminary results). Midwest Alliance for Health Education (MAHE) and Indiana University School of Medicine – Fort Wayne (IUSM-FW) Student Research Fellowship Program (SRFP) Poster Presentations. Fort Wayne, IN: August 2013.
- Buchanan R, Beckett RD. Green coffee for pharmacological weight loss. J Evid Based Complementary Altern Med 2013; 18(4): 309-313.
- Manchester University College of Pharmacy Teacher of the Year, 2013
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, 2011