Welcome from the Dean of the College of Pharmacy
Thank you for taking time to learn more about the College of Pharmacy.
Since launching our program in 2009, we have reached some major milestones:
- We received an amazingly generous gift of $35 million from Lilly Endowment Inc. for the College of Pharmacy.
- We gathered an exceptional team of faculty and staff, and connected with dozens of preceptors and experiential sites.
- We settled into a new, 82,000-square-foot facility on the north side of Fort Wayne.
- We enrolled three classes of eager and bright pharmacy students.
- We earned Candidate status from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). Click here.
The pharmacy program at Manchester is rooted in the University’s mission:
Manchester University respects the infinite worth of every individual and graduates persons of ability and conviction who draw upon their education and faith to lead principled, productive, and compassionate lives that improve the human condition.
- The “infinite worth of every individual” is a central tenant of the pharmacy profession by which every patient deserves dignity and respect.
- Our graduates of “ability and conviction” will be well-prepared pharmacists who are committed to giving back to their communities and workplaces.
- Our faculty, staff and students are “principled, productive and compassionate” people motivated to help others and “improve the human condition.”
Four goals distinguish Manchester’s Doctor of Pharmacy program:
- We strive to provide students with a dynamic learning environment, engaging them in innovative, effective and experiential learning. They learn with their heads, hands and hearts in a wide variety of settings.
- We provide connections to the community, creating meaningful opportunities for our students to serve others at diabeties awareness clinics, science and health fairs and in other settings, both health care and non-health care related.
- We support students as whole persons, treating them as individuals and nurturing knowledgeable and compassionate professionals.
- We offer a forward-looking education, preparing our graduates for success in a constantly changing profession. We can’t teach our students about medications, therapies and technologies that don’t exist, but we can teach them a thirst for learning, an ability to adapt and a curiosity about innovation.
Our students are a daily reminder of the incredible potential of each and every one. Feel free to browse our web site to learn more details about our program and again, thank you for stopping by the Manchester University College of Pharmacy.
Raylene Rospond, Pharm.D.
Vice President and Dean of the College of Pharmacy