Manchester University welcomes diversity in its various forms and definitions. The University's Values Statement lists diversity as a core value "... because understanding differences develops respect for ethnic, cultural, and religious pluralism; an international consciousness; and an appreciation for the infinite worth of every person."
Manchester University demonstrates this commitment to diversity through:
- The aggressive recruitment of a diverse student body
- Strong retention efforts for students of color and international students
- Concerted and intentional efforts to diversify faculty and staff
- Diversity training for all employees conducted through Human Resources and the Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Diversity across the curriculum through Academic Affairs
- An Intercultural Center that serves as a resource center for the different cultural groups on campus