The Chemistry Department at Manchester University prepares students for careers in the chemical industry, professional programs in the health sciences, or graduate programs in the health or chemical sciences. Accessible faculty guide students with individualized advising. Content includes conceptual and functional skills, with an emphasis on laboratory courses that build skills in lab technique, data analysis, and communication of results.
Through a combination of lecture and laboratory, students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of chemical principles.
- Apply chemical principles with laboratory techniques and analyses.
- Write coherently about the application of chemical principles.
- Articulately discuss the application of chemical principles.
- Think critically to solve problems.