Social Service Club
- Act as a mutual supportive community for social work students and others interested in social service.
- Create and enhance a professional identity as prospective social workers.
- Enhance a more practical knowledge of social work and social services.
- Enhance the visibility and appreciation of social services among the student body.
- Encourage involvement and personal interaction between students and faculty.
- Gain and develop the students’ skills in group dynamics, leadership, cooperation, and coordinating activities, meetings and events.
- Facilitate interaction among students and faculty members in the professional community of the field of social service.
- Introduce knowledge, values, skills used in the social services.
All social work majors are automatically a part of this group, but all MU Students are welcome to join us in our endeavors to "Be the change we wish to see in the world." (Ghandi)
Anyone who is interested in becoming a member of this club should contact the Department of Sociology and Social Work
For more information contact:
Advisor: Barb Burdge at email@example.com OR
Student President: : Annika Harley at firstname.lastname@example.org