Health Services - FAQs

General Questions

What does it cost to see the nurse?

There is no charge for an evaluation by the nurse.

Where is Health Services located?

Health Services is located on the first floor of Calvin Ulrey Hall.

What are Health Services hours to see the nurse?

The nurse’s hours are 7:30 am to 4 pm. Appointments are preferred. Please call 982-5306 to make an appointment.

How do I contact Health Services during summer months?

The office is closed during June and July; however emails regarding health forms are typically checked once a week.

What if I am ill after hours during the academic year?

If you are ill after office hours you may contact University Safety at ext. 5999 or 911 in the event of an emergency.

What is a Student Health Assistant (SHA)?

SHAs work under the supervision of the Director of Health Services and are considered part of the Student Experience student staff. SHAs understand, follow, and sign the statement of confidentiality upon beginning employment with Manchester University Health Services.

Is my office visit confidential?

Students who are 18 years of age or older are considered adults and have the legal right to medical confidentiality. We do not and will not release any information to anyone about you without your written or verbal consent to do so.

Can my parents have access to my medical records?

They can only have access to your medical records if you give written or verbal consent.

How can I get my immunization record?

You need to complete the form here, then mail or fax your request to Health Services at Manchester University Health Services, 604 E. College Ave, North Manchester, Indiana 46962 Fax: 260-982-4138.

I am going abroad for a January session class or in Brethren Colleges Abroad (BCA). What immunizations do I need?

Contact Health Services as soon as you decide to travel. Necessary/required vaccinations vary depending upon travel location. Some vaccines are in a series and take time to complete.

Do you give allergy injections?

We do not give allergy injections. You may contact Manchester Clinic at 260-982-2102 or Walnut Street Clinic at 260-982-1994.

What physician offices are located in North Manchester?

There are two physicians’ offices in North Manchester. Manchester Clinic (260-982-2102) is located near the University. Walnut Street Family Healthcare (260-982-1994) is .7 miles away.

What dental offices are in North Manchester?

  • Dr. Catherine Periolat DDS – 260-982-6344 - 125 East Main Street, North Manchester

What vision providers are located in North Manchester?

Midwest Eye Consultants - 260-982-8681 -1201 State Rd. 114, North Manchester
Dr. Bradley Camp - 260-982-8798 - 103 Front St., North Manchester 

Where are the local hospitals?

  • Parkview Huntington Hospital – 2001 Stults Road, Huntington, Ind. 46750Phone – 1-260-355-3000 
  • Parkview Wabash Hospital – 710 North East Street, Wabash Ind. 46992 Phone – 1-260-563-3131
  • Lutheran Hospital – 7950 W. Jefferson Blvd. Ft. Wayne, Ind. 46804 Phone – 1-260-435-7001 (local) or toll free 1-800-444-2001
  • Parkview Hospital – Fort Wayne – 2200 Randallia Drive, Ft. Wayne, Ind. 46845 Phone – 1-260-373-4000 (local) or toll free 1-800-615-4456
  • Kosciosko Community Hospital - 850 N Harrison Street, Warsaw, Ind. 46580Phone – 1-800-828-5628
  • Parkview Physicians Group - 1104 N. Wayne St., North Manchester, Ind 46962 Phone – (260) 982-2102


Staff and faculty do not provide transportation to medical appointments or the hospital. In a medical emergency, an ambulance may be called. Wabash County Transit is available for a small fee (call 260-563-7536 for additional information and scheduling rides). Plan in advance with family and/or friends how to manage transportation needs in the event of a medical or other need while at Manchester University.


Health Forms

Do I have to complete a health form?

All new incoming students to Manchester University must complete a health form regardless if an athlete or not.

If I am an athlete do I still have to have a health form completed?

Yes, you will still need to complete a health form.

If I am a transfer student do I still have to have a health form completed?

Transfer students need to complete a health form.

How can I receive a health form?

Click here to log in to ChetNet to complete the health form online.

When is my health form due?

Health forms are due by August 1 and must be less than six months old.

What if my physical date is scheduled after August 1?

You need to notify Health Services at 260-982-5306 by Aug. 1.

Do you offer any immunizations?

We do offer some immunizations at Health Services for a fee.

Where do I send the health form?

You can mail the completed health form to: Manchester University Health Services, ATTN: Health Services, 604 E College Ave. North Manchester, IN 46962
You can fax the completed health form to: 260-982-4138

Do I have to have a meningitis vaccine?

The meningitis vaccine is required for all students.

Will my insurance pay for the vaccines or medicine given by the nurse?

Vaccines or medicine given by the nurse must be paid for at the time of service. A claim can be filed by you or your parents with your private insurance carrier.


Insurance Questions

Is it mandatory to have the insurance?

Students are not required to be covered by insurance. If you would like Health Services to have a copy of your insurance card on file as a courtesy please do so. If you are in need of health insurance below are some options:

  • Contact your parent’s employer. Coverage through parents extends to age 26.
  • Contact a local insurance carrier, they may have indemnity options available for a lower cost.
  • Check out the Marketplace at: Need help with the Marketplace? Contact the Chamberlin Edmonds Group located in Tower 1 at PRMC Phone 260-266-2870Or Call KCH at 574-372-7818.  Both facilities have representatives to help you navigate the Marketplace.  
  • ASPIN- Contact a Navigator /Community Health worker at 1-877-313-7215

Office Hours

Office Hours
M-F: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.


Phone: 260-982-5306
Fax: 260-901-4108