Once You Receive Your Award - 4 Easy Steps
Making Financial Aid Happen - What To Do Once You Receive Your Financial Aid Award Notification
Okay, so you've applied to Manchester, been accepted, and you've received your financial aid award information in the mail ... now what do you do?
Begin by following these four easy steps, and you can be assured that your financial aid is set and ready when classes begin.
- REVIEW the detailed instructions included with the notification. Pay close attention to the enrollment and housing status. Changes to either may create an adjustment to the funds available.
- NOTIFY us when:
- your housing or enrollment status changes. Cross out any incorrect information and write in the corrections.
- you want to decline any of your aid. Cross out the original amount and write “declined.” You must notify us if you do not accept all or part of the award(s) offered.
Sign and date your corrected pages, make a photocopy for your records, and return the original notification to Student Financial Services.
- PLAN your payment strategy. The standard payment options are listed on the front page of your financial aid award notification. The figures provided are estimated based on the standard charges for tuition, fees, room and board. The actual amount due will be based on the actual charges incurred. The payment options listed are provided to assist you with determining your individual payment strategy.
Note: The Estimated Yearly Costs and Estimated Balance Due do not reflect additional charges that you may incur for such things as books, auto registration, orientation fees, additional class fees, etc. To view these additional charges, see our University Catalog. Click on Financial Information and Charges.
- PAY. Student Financial Services will send you a Student Account Statement prior to each semester, due to be paid Aug. 5 or your early arrival date for fall semester and Jan. 15 for spring semester. Student Account Statements indicate the tuition, fees, room, board and other costs charged to your student account, as well as payments received and financial aid applied.
You should receive your Student Account Statement about 30 days prior to the billing due date:
- Fall Semester July 15 (billing due date Aug. 5 or your early arrival date)
- Spring Semester Dec. 15 (billing due date Jan. 15)
You will receive reminders of the steps you need to take in order for your financial aid to be applied. If any of the steps are not completed, your financial aid will not be applied to your student account. You will be responsible for all charges on your bill.
For questions, call Student Financial Services at 866-982-5066 or e-mail email@example.com.