Manchester University Mission Statement
Manchester University respects the infinite worth of every individual and graduates persons of ability and conviction who draw upon their education and faith to lead principled, productive, and compassionate lives that improve the human condition.
As a community of higher education rooted in the liberal arts and the traditions of the Church of the Brethren, Manchester University values:
- Learning, because high academic expectations in an environment combining liberal arts and professional preparation equip graduates to live healthy, productive, and principled lives.
- Faith, because our diverse faiths call us to make the world a kinder and better place, establish justice, build peace amid strife, and model lives of agape (selfless love), tikkun olam (repairing a broken world), and salam (peace);
- Service, because committing self in service to others connects faith with action and abilities with convictions;
- Integrity, because honesty and trust are the foundations of teaching and learning, enriching, enduring relationships, and strong communities;
- Diversity, because understanding differences develops respect for ethnic, cultural, and religious pluralism; an international consciousness; and an appreciation for the infinite worth of every person; and
- Community, because a positive community sharpens self-identity, promotes acceptance of the demands of responsible citizenship, and transforms conflict into mutual respect.
- Inspire effective learning that enables students to succeed beyond their own expectations.
- Be mission centered and market smart to maximize our impact in the world.
- Generate sufficient recognition to widen support for Manchester's mission.
- Draw abundant financial resources to support Manchester's mission and vision.
- Deploy resources to best meet student needs and maximize institutional effectiveness.