Registration Policies

Continuing students register according to the schedule posted on the Registrar’s Website. New students enroll during a scheduled orientation session or individually with the Registrar. Generally, students are not allowed to register after the first day classes are scheduled to meet, or after Change of Course Days.

A $40 late fee will be assessed to continuing students who enroll after registration ends. Continuing students not planning to enroll for a subsequent semester must complete the formal Exit Interview scheduled in the Office of Counseling Services.


Advising: Continuing students should select their courses with the assistance of their academic advisor. Advisors should sign the Registration Form after it is complete, and mark the student approved to register on WebAdvisor indicating approval of the student's selected courses and program plan.

Registration Form: The Registration Form is used to enroll for courses in the Office of the Registrar. Please plan carefully before listing course choices. Only Registration forms with the advisor’s signature will be accepted.

Registration for classes: Students may register online through Gateway or in the Office of the Registrar during specific times listed by the Registrar.

Student Load: Twelve semester hours is the minimum full-time load; however, enrollment in 14-15 semester hours of credit is considered a normal load. A student may enroll for more than 16 semester hours during a regular semester if that student has a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. No student will be permitted to enroll for more than 18 semester hours of credit without permission from the Academic Standards Committee.

Schedule Changes: Students may make adjustments to their schedules during the first three days of regular semesters and the first day of January or summer sessions designated as Change of Course days.

A $25 service charge will be assessed for course withdrawals and additions after Change of Course days. Course changes after Change of Course days require written permission from the course instructor and academic advisor.

Students may withdraw from a course and receive a grade of W during the first 2/3 of the semester or session. Students who withdraw after the deadline will receive a grade of WF. Students who do not withdraw, but stop attending class, will receive a grade of UW. Both the WF and UW grades count as 0 (F) in the grade point average.

Students receive credit only for courses in which they are officially enrolled. Dropping or withdrawing from a course without completing the Change of Course process will result in a UW grade.

Pass/Not Pass Option: Students who have completed one semester at Manchester and are not on academic probation may convert a maximum of four courses in their graduation plans to pass/not pass during the first 2/3 of the semester or session. After that date students who withdraw under the Pass/Not Pass option will receive a grade of NP. A full explanation of the P/NP regulations is outlined in the University Catalog.


Detailed CORE, major, and minor course lists are shown in the Manchester University Catalog. Students may earn a degree by fulfilling requirements of any Catalog in effect while enrolled, provided these requirements are dated no more than seven years prior to the year the degree is to be awarded. EACH STUDENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR UNDERSTANDING THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DEGREE AND FOR SCHEDULING COURSES TO FULFILL THOSE REQUIREMENTS. Assistance interpreting requirements is available from academic advisors or the Registrar.

Students must complete the Election of Major or Minor Form in the second half of the sophomore year prior to enrolling for summer or fall semester classes. Students seeking an Associate of Arts degree should file this form at the end of their first year. Election of Major/Minor Forms are available from the Forms page.


The following forms must be filed in the Office of the Registrar in order to graduate. Please review the following descriptions and determine when you must file these forms.

Election of Major: Students intending to complete a Bachelor's degree should complete the EOM form during the spring semester of the sophomore year. Those intending to complete an AA degree should complete the EOM in the spring semester of the first year. EOMs must be filed before registration for fall semester classes.

Intention to Graduate: The Intention to Graduate form must be submitted prior to registration for the fall semester of the final year of attendance.

Graduation Application: The Graduation Application is due by December 1 of the final year of attendance.


All accounts are to be paid in full by August 5 (or early move-in date) for the fall semester and by January 15 for the spring semester (Click here to view charges). Fees for summer courses must be paid by the first day of class. Methods of payment accepted include:

  • Check or money order payable to Manchester University, mailed to:

    Manchester University
    Attention: SFS
    604 E. College Ave
    North Manchester, IN 46962

  • In Person payment - Check, cash or money order
    Payments can be made Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. in the Student Financial Services Office located on the lower level of the Administration Building.
  • Credit card. Make a payment of any amount online using a MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit card. Please note that a convenience fee of 2.35% will be charged by FIS for the processing of online payments. Manchester University does not receive any portion of this non-refundable fee. (Click here for online payments.)
  • Electronic check. Make a payment of any amount using an e-check. There is no fee for this service. (Click here for online payments.)

Students with unpaid balances may lose current enrollment and will not be allowed to register for any subsequent terms. Transcripts and diplomas are withheld from those who have not settled their financial obligations to Manchester University, which may include collection fees, attorney's fees, and court costs.

Students are not fully registered, nor will they have the privilege of class attendance or use of University facilities until their charges are paid. A service charge of $30, may be added to any unpaid balance in the student account as of the last working day of each month.


Refund Tuition/Fees
In the case of official withdrawal from the University, a refund, less a withdrawal charge, is made according to the following schedules:

Fall and/or spring semester refund schedule

  • Withdrawal before the official start of classes: 100 percent refund
  • Withdrawal during Change of Course days: 100 percent refund less $250 cancellation fee
  • Withdrawal during the first and second weeks (4-10 class days): 75 percent refund
  • Withdrawal during the third and fourth weeks: 50 percent refund
  • Withdrawal during the fifth and sixth weeks: 25 percent refund
  • Withdrawal after the sixth week: No refund

Summer session refund schedule

  • Withdrawal before the official start of classes: 100 percent refund
  • Withdrawal during Change of Course day: 100 percent refund
  • Withdrawal during class days 2 - 4: 75 percent refund
  • Withdrawal during class days 5 - 8: 50 percent refund
  • Withdrawal during class days 9 - 12: 25 percent refund
  • Withdrawal after class day 12: No refund

    No refunds are made for the student activities fee or residential hall program fee (if applicable) is made after the official start of classes

Refund of Room/Board
Housing refunds are not available to students who accept occupancy in a room and then are released from a housing contract to live at home or to move off campus. Occupancy is understood to mean staying in an assigned residence hall room one or more nights. Students who remain enrolled at the University and choose to leave the pre-paid board (meal) plan are refunded based on the schedules above. 

Changes in Enrollment 
Students are allowed to make course load changes during the Change of Course Days and the student's financial aid and billing information will be adjusted accordingly to accommodate the change in enrollment based on the published charges.

Students who complete a partial withdrawal (fall below full time) after the published Change of Course Days will not receive a refund of tuition/fees and/or room/board charges. 

Increases in enrollment will be charged at the appropriate tuition/fee charges and financial aid will be calculated accordingly.


Any student considering full withdrawal after the beginning of classes initiates the process by scheduling an Exit Interview in the Office of Counseling Services. Withdrawal is not official or final until the Withdrawal From the University form is completed and submitted to the Office of the Registrar.

A student who leaves the University or a class without completing the official withdrawal process will be reported as failing. Grades of UW (failure) will be assigned in all courses in which the student is enrolled. UW has the same effect as an F in the student's GPA.



  • * Course has a prerequisite. See the Manchester Catalog for details.
  • ARR Course meets at an arranged time between professor and student
  • OC Course held off campus

Course Title: This is the abbreviated course title. The complete title and course descriptions are listed in the Catalog. Courses with an H beside the number are offered as Honors credit only.

Credits: The number in the credit column indicates the semester hour credit granted upon completion of the course requirements.

CORE Code: The CORE code refer to the Core category for which this course fulfills a requirement. If there is no code, no Core requirement is met.

Days/Time: These columns indicate the days and hours the courses meet. M = Monday, T = Tuesday, W = Wednesday, R = Thursday, F = Friday, S = Saturday, N = Sunday.

Building and Room: Building and room numbers are not included in the schedule. Official student schedules (used for class entrance) include room numbers and are available at the Office of the Registrar prior to the first day of classes.

Instructor: This column lists the name of the faculty assigned, at the time of publication, to teach the section or course. Changes may need to be made without notice.

Schedule Changes: CHANGES WILL OCCUR. The most up-to-date schedule will be posted on the web at and is available in WebAdvisor through Gateway. The University reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient enrollment. 

LinkedIn Twitter Facebook YouTube Google Plus Instagram Pinterest Tumblr

© 2013 Manchester University
604 E. College Ave.
North Manchester, IN 46962