Additional Information

International Students at Taste of Africa

Maintaining F-1 Visa Status

International students on an F-1 visa or J-1 visa must maintain full-time student status in order to maintain legal status with the United States government. Full-time attendance is at least 12 credit hours of classes each semester. International students are not permitted to take more than one three-credit hour online class per semester or each summer session while remaining in the states. You will work with an academic advisor to determine which classes to take.

Students losing their F-1 visa status by dropping below the minimum 12 credit hours, those who become academically ineligible to continue at the University, and those with serious infractions of campus rules or legal infractions resulting in conviction of a felony must return to their home countries immediately.

Students must keep the Director of Multicultural Services updated on any change of address. Students also should notify the office with contact information during breaks in the event of disaster or emergencies.

Work on campus

International students have the option to pursue on-campus jobs in their first year. Students may work a maximum of 20 hours per week but most find they can only work 10 to 15 hours per week and still maintain good academic standing. Students may be able to earn around $2,000 USD per school year by working 10 to 15 hours per week. After their first year, international students may continue to work on-campus and/or may initiate the process to pursue off-campus employment opportunities.

Housing policy

All students must live in campus housing until they become seniors, get married, or reach the age of 24. The International Student Scholarship will be reduced by 25% if a student moves off campus.

Helpful resources

  • Facebook
  • Youtube
  • Linkedin
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Snapchat
  • Tumblr
  • Pinterest

Visit Us!
We hope you can visit us in person, but if not check out our virtual tour.
Virtual Tour