Values, Ideas and the Arts presentations enhance the Manchester Core program in the liberal arts through cultural exposure, artistic experience and intellectual enrichment. VIA features speakers, musicians and dramatic performers from the University community, across the country and around the globe. Manchester students earn academic credit through attendance. Members of the University community and the public are also invited to attend all VIA events. All events are free of charge unless otherwise noted.
The goals of the VIA program are to:
- broaden students' cultural experiences,
- enrich students intellectually and aesthetically,
- provide opportunities to experience the arts,
- promote dialogue about ideas and values, and
- embody in its programs the values expressed in the University Mission.
Students are required to arrive on time and remain for the entire program to receive VIA credit. Events last approximately one hour unless noted otherwise.