Student Life

Health Services - FAQs

General Questions

What type of care does Health Services provide?

Health Services offers healthcare for most acute illnesses and injuries for registered students. The purpose is to complement the services of a personal health care provide, not to replace it. We provide care for students and help prevent unnecessary visits home for medical care.

What does it cost to see the nurse?
There is no charge for an evaluation by the nurse. The center offers free over-the-counter medications, first aid supplies, and various diagnostic testing.

Where is the Health Services located?
The center is located on the first floor of Calvin Ulrey Hall.

When is the nurse available?
The nurse is available M-F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Appointments are preferred. Please call 260-982-5306 to schedule an appointment.

What if I am ill after hours during the academic year?
If you are ill after office hours you may contact University Safety at ext. 5999 or call 911 in the event of an emergency.

What is a Student Health Assistant (SHA)?
SHAs work under the supervision of the Director of Health Services and are considered part of the Student Life student staff. SHAs understand, follow, and sign the statement of confidentiality upon beginning employment with Manchester University.

Is my office visit confidential?
Students who are 18 years of age or older are considered adults and have the legal right to medical confidentiality. We do not and will not release any information to anyone about you without your written or verbal consent to do so.

Can my parents have access to my medical records?
They can only have access to your medical records if you give written or verbal consent.

How can I get my immunization record?
You need to complete the form here, then mail or fax your request to Health Services at Manchester University, 604 E. College Ave, North Manchester, Indiana 46962 Fax: 260-982-4138.

Do you give allergy injections?
We currently give allergy injections.


Staff and faculty do not provide transportation to medical appointments or the hospital. In a medical emergency, an ambulance may be called. Wabash County Transit is available for a small fee (call 260-563-7536 for additional information and scheduling rides). Plan in advance with family and/or friends how to manage transportation needs in the event of a medical or other need while at Manchester University.

Local Providers

Physician Offices: Parkview Manchester Clinic (260-982-2102) and Walnut Street Family Healthcare (260-982-1994).

Dental Offices: Dr. Catherine Periolat DDS- 260-982-6344- 125 East Main Street, North Manchester, IN 46962

Vision Offices: Midwest Eye Consultants- 260-982-8681- 1201 State Rd. 114, North Manchester, IN

Dr. Bradley Camp- 260-982-8798- 103 Front St. North Manchester, IN 46962

Local Hospitals:

Parkview Huntington Hospital- 260-335-3000-2001 Stults Rd., Huntington, IN 46750

Parkview Wabash Hospital-260-563-3131- 10 John Kissinger Dr., Wabash, IN 46992

Lutheran Hospital- 1-260-435-7001 (local) or toll free 1-800-444-2001- 7950 W. Jefferson Blvd. Ft. Wayne, IN. 46804

Parkview Fort Wayne Hospital- 1-260-373-4000 (local) or toll free 1-800-615-4456- 2200 Randallia Drive, Ft. Wayne, IN. 46845

Kosciosko Community Hospital - 1-800-828-5628- 850 N Harrison Street, Warsaw, IN. 46580


Insurance Questions

Is it mandatory to have the insurance?

Students are not required to be covered by insurance unless you are a student-athlete or an international student. If you would like the Center to have a copy of your insurance card on file as a courtesy please do so. If you are in need of health insurance below are some options:

  • Contact your parent’s employer. Coverage through parents extends to age 26.
  • Contact a local insurance carrier, they may have indemnity options available for a lower cost.
  • Check out the Marketplace at: Need help with the Marketplace? Contact the Chamberlin Edmonds Group located in Tower 1 at PRMC Phone 260-266-2870Or Call KCH at 574-372-7818.  Both facilities have representatives to help you navigate the Marketplace.  
  • ASPIN- Contact a Navigator /Community Health worker at 1-877-313-7215


Contact Information

Calvin Ulrey

Office hours:
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.

Phone: 260-982-5306
Fax: 260-901-8046