Resources for Survivors

Repot it Button

If you or someone you know has experienced sexual assault or another form of interpersonal violence, there are many options and resources available on campus and in the local community. These options should be evaluated and chosen on a case-by-case basis determined by the needs and desires of the survivor. Every person responds to and heals from sexual assault and trauma differently.

Contact the Victim Advocate with Hands of Hope
Heidi J Vandermark

  • Confidential support, resource referrals, and information regarding your medical and legal options.

Visit or call MU (Manchester University) Counseling Service
Director April White

  • This service is available to all students on and off campus.
  • All Counseling services are free*
  • Confidential

    Click here for More information about Counseling Services 

Seek Medical Treatment, Request a Forensic Exam:

Health Services

Sexual Assault Treatment Center
1420 Kerrway Ct., Fort Wayne, Ind. 46805

Types of services:

  • Medical Forensic Examination for adolescents and adults 14 and above.
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections
  • Options for Healthcare Needs or Reporting to Local Law Enforcement
  • Counseling and Group Support


  • SATC recommends that you take measures to preserve evidence such as not showering or changing clothes before a forensic exam. An exam can still be performed regardless.
  • Forensic exams can be conducted up to 96 hours after a sexual assault.

Parkview Hospital

Parkview Wabash Hospital
710 N East St., Wabash, Ind. 46992
Hours: 24/7

Parkview Health North Manchester Clinic
1104 N. Wayne St.
North Manchester, Ind. 46962
Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (M-F)

Parkview Regional Medical Center
11109 Parkview Plaza Drive, Entrance 1
Fort Wayne, Ind. 46845
Hours: 24/7

Request No-contact Orders or Supportive Measures

Contact the Title IX Coordinator to request no-contact orders or supportive measures including academic flexibility, housing changes and employment modifications. Supportive measures can be implemented even if you decide not to proceed with an investigation.

Other Resources In Northeast Indiana

United Way 211 Online:
The Northeast Indiana 211 Information and Referral Search provides free and confidential access to health and human service information and referral assistance.  Follow the link to connect to community based organizations offering assistance with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and other services.  By entering your zip code and defining which service you need, options with contact information from within your home county will be provided.

Indiana Child Abuse & Neglect Hotline

Fort Wayne Resources

122FW Sexual Assault Response Coordinator: 260-478-3279 or 260-449-5156
Adult Protective Services: 260-449-7989 or 1-800-992-6978
Allen County Juvenile Justice Center: 260-449-7161
Catholic Charities: 260-422-5625
Center for Non-Violence: 260-456-4112
Crime Victim Care: 260-484-1414
Crisis Pregnancy Center Hotline: 260-422-3544
Department of Health: 260-449-7504
Dr. Bill Lewis Center for Children: 260-407-5437
Indiana National Guard Sexual Assault Response Coordinator: 317-247-3300 ext. 85485
Matthew 25: 260-426-3250
Neighborhood Health Clinic: 260-458-2641
Victim’s Assistance: 260-427-1205
Youth Services Center: 260-449-3561
YWCA: 260-424-4908

National Resources
Alcohol Effects, Addiction Treatment and Resources
Alcohol Rehab Help
Child Help National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-4ACHILD
National Center for Victims of Crime: 1-202-467-8700 
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence: 1-303-839-1852
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
National Human Trafficking Hotline: 1-888-373-7888 or text BeFree (233733)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
PTSD Self-Test
RAINN National Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE
Safe Helpline: 877-995-5247
Enough Abuse Campaign
End Rape On Campus
Teen Drug Addiction & Suicide Prevention Assistance
Substance Abuse & Co-Occuring Mental Disorders
Nursing Home Abuse Center 877-437-6288
Addiction & Dometic Violence
Office for Civil Rights | U.S. Department of Education