Pharmacy, Natural & Health Sciences

Doctor of Pharmacy Program - Program Outcomes

Student Achievement Measures

Employment

For our first four graduating classes, 237 out of 223 individuals (94%) who completed our employment survey indicated they are employed in pharmacy or completing a residency. The program administers the employment survey at the time of graduation. Survey data are summarized in the table below.

Upon graduation, 98% (49/50) of our inaugural class (Class of 2016) had accepted employment offers in community pharmacies and hospitals, or offers to complete post-graduate training. One individual did not respond to our employment inquiry.

About 92% (68/74) of the Class of 2017 indicated they are working in a pharmacy setting or are completing additional post-graduate training. Two others (3%) indicated they are working outside the pharmacy profession. Four individuals (5%) were still considering options or were undecided on career options at the last data collection.

Data indicate that about 93% (66/71) of the Class of 2018 indicated they are working in a pharmacy setting or are completing additional post-graduate training. Five individuals (7%) did not respond to our employment inquiry.

Class of 2019 employment survey data indicated 54/64 (84%) of graduates are completing residencies or have accepted employment in pharmacy.  Of the remaining ten individuals (16%), two were still finalizing job or licensure seeking a position in a particular setting/state, while eight did not respond to our employment inquiry.

    Class                # Employed in pharmacy # Employed outside  of pharmacy # in PGY1 residency  Unknown 
2016 (n=50) 36 0 13 1
2017 (n=74) 54 2 14 4
2018 (n=71) 58 0 8 5
2019 (n=64)41 13 10 

Residency Placement

Students at MU Pharmacy have had success pursuing competitive post-graduate training opportunities. In addition to matching with ASHP-accredited PGY1 residency programs (see below), graduates have obtained competitive fellowship positions, and entered diverse PGY2 specialty residencies in areas such as administration, ambulatory care, critical care, drug information, infectious diseases, oncology, and pediatrics.

    Class                Entered PGY1 residency match Matched with a PGY1 residency National PGY1 residency match rate
2016 (n=50) 13 (26%) 11 (85%) 68%
2017 (n=74) 17 (23%) 13 (76%) 67%
2018 (n=71) 17 (24%) 9 (53%) 67%
2019 (n=63)16 (25%) 13 (81%) 64%
2020 (n=57)16 (28%) 9 (56%) 63%

Licensure Examination Pass Rates

North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX)

The average first-time NAPLEX pass rate for our Classes of 2019 and 2020 is 89.5%, which is comparable to the average nationwide pass rate of 90.0% for the same time period. The scores below for the Classes of 2016-2019 represent all first-time exam takers who completed the exam during the second and third trimester testing windows. The score for the Class of 2020 is the overall pass rate for those who completed the exam in Trimester 2.

ClassFirst-Time NAPLEX pass rate
Class of 2020 (May - August )87.2%
Class of 2019 (May - December)91.7%
Class of 2018 (May - December)69.7%
Class of 2017 (May - December)81.4%
Class of 2016 (May - December)85.7%

Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination (MPJE)

The first-time MPJE pass rates during the second trimester testing window were as follows (broken down by whether students were taking the MPJE for licensure in Indiana versus another state):

Class In State Out of State 
Class of 2020 82% 77%
Class of 2019 87% 69%
Class of 2018 86% 74%
Class of 2017  83% 74%
Class of 2016  80%

 94%



On-time Graduation Rate

The on-time graduation rate for the most recent graduating class, as well as the on-time graduation eligibility of the currently enrolled students are presented below:


Class of 2020 Class of 2021 Class of 2022Class of 2023 Class of 2024 
Entering yearFall
2016 
Fall
2017 
Fall
2018 
 Fall
2019
Fall
2020
Entering Class Size 73 747363  69 
Dismissal: Academic 4 1 11
Dismissal or Withdrawal:
Non-Academic
3 5 41
Delayed Graduation 10 8 7
On-time graduation (% of entering class) 56 
(77%)
60 
(81%)
61 
(84%)
57
(90%)
69
(100%) 

 

 

 
Questions? Need help?
Contact us at:
Phone: 260-470-2700
Email: pharmacy@manchester.edu

Schedule a visit to see if Manchester is right for you!