- Major in Business Management
- Minor in Business
As a management major, you’ll engage in project-based learning that applies to a wide variety of entry-level jobs. You’ll identify a business startup idea and complete a full-scale business plan which banks or venture capitalists would require when considering funding the endeavor. These learning experiences prepare you to become a management trainee, a human resources information system administrator, a merchandising manager, a pricing analyst, and more.
- In the past few years, management students have accepted positions with companies such as Do It Best Corp., Welch Packaging, Americraft Carton, Nestle's, and Medxcel, to name a few.
- Over the past five years, 72 percent of students completing the senior survey reported having had at least one internship experience.
- In the capstone course Case Studies in Business, required of all majors in the college, students organize and operate a business for a semester and then donate their earnings to a nonprofit of their choosing. Manchester business students have donated more than $94,000 and over 7,600 hours of service to various nonprofit organizations.
- Matt Mest ’13 was a management major who also ran cross country and track while he was at Manchester. Matt works in human resources for United States Cold Storage outside Indianapolis.
- Kourtney Johnson ’14 served as the secretary for the now College of Business Club, and after she graduated with a management major, she joined the Manchester University staff as a human resource generalist and recruiting coordinator.
- Chloe Webber ’15 majored in management at MU and completed a semester-long internship with the Walt Disney Company in Orlando, FL. After graduating, Chloe joined Hilton Head Health in Hilton Head, SC, as an experience planner.
Business and Management is a major in MU's College of Business.