Consider the following as you search for the graduate program that is right for you. Peterson’s Guide to Graduate and Professional Schools is a great place to start your research.
- Program: Each school has a different curriculum and philosophy. Make sure they meet your educational goals.
- Faculty: Research the reputation and areas of specialization for the faculty
- Departments & Facilities: Certain institutions are known for their programs. Also consider the facilities they provide – do they meet your industry’s needs?
- Size: There are advantages and disadvantages to both large and small institutions.
- Placement: Where do graduates go?
- Degree Requirements: Make a list of all requirements such as residency, examinations, languages, candidacy, thesis or dissertation
- Application Process: What documents and/or exams are needed? Is there a GPA requirement or average?